The BORDERx Anthology Project is a collective of concerned artists, writers and volunteers who will raise our voices, raise our pens, raise awareness, raise funds and raise hell to help the most vulnerable arrivals to our shores, migrants, asylum seekers and refugees. We will tell stories from the front-lines, from history and from the heart in pictures and words.
We need your help. If you want to get involved, please click here and fill out the relevant form.
We especially need:
- Artists, Illustrators and Designers
- Researchers, Historians and Journalists
- Web Assistance
- Fundraising Support Team
Our goal is to identify a large pool of talented artists, writers and comic creators to begin work on this anthology. We will then launch a crowdfunding campaign that will raise funds to publish the works while the majority of the funds will be donated to the South Texas Human Rights Center who work directly with migrants in need.
Simultaneously, we will seek a publisher to make the works available at a retail level so the project will continue to raise funds beyond the kickstarter.
The South Texas Human Rights Center is a community based center dedicated to the promotion, protection, defense and exercise of human rights and dignity in South Texas.
- STHRC is the only human-rights effort in Texas that works to prevent migrant deaths through: advocacy, organizing and public-education that targets the root causes of regional migration.
- Placed over 150 water stations at the South Texas/Mexico border with plans to open 200 more by 2020.
- Systematizing forensic data collection of unidentified human remains and mapping unknown graves in 18 Texas border counties.
BORDERx is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions for the charitable purposes of BORDERx must be made payable to Fractured Atlas only and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Drop us a line. Don’t be shy. We want your ideas and involvement. Please email Project Director, click here to contact Mauricio Cordero
If you are a writer/artist who wants to get involved, please click here.